First, having a brand is different (and enormously better) than simply having a product, an item, or a service. A brand is a condition of being distinctive and separate from something even similar that is offered by a competitor. Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media stated, “Your brand is the single most important investment you can make in your business.” Given that truth, brand awareness is crucial to the value of that investment, as well as to the success of every business.
Benefits of Brand Awareness
Recognizing, understanding, and recalling the essence of a company’s (as well as product or service) name, symbols, logo, slogans, service promises, and more, constitute a brand. As media expert and author Ashley Friedlein, media expert and author has said, “Brand is the sum total of how someone perceives a particular organization.” A brand and strong brand awareness offer these advantages:
- Enhances recognition.
- Assists in achieving the first choice in a crowded marketplace.
- Fosters trust and help increase customer loyalty.
- Aids in an expansion of products, services, or territory.
- Increases digital impact.
- Builds equity.
Why Your Employees Should Be Educated on Brand Awareness
A brand is not simply an external promise. Thus, employees must be trained, involved, and aligned with the brand to better deliver brand awareness. With training, employees:
- Become informed brand ambassadors, wearing t-shirts, using the logo, and speaking the language of the brand.
- Have a greater commitment to the brand.
- Provide more consistent messaging.
- Better communicate the value proposition.
- Experience more engagement and longer retention.
- Have more emotional resiliency.
- Create greater marketing power from within the brand.
To achieve trained and engaged employees, it is key to articulate the brand, hire the right people, and commit to their development.
Seek Digital Marketing Assistance
Contact Checklist Media, based in Lee’s Summit, MO, an expert digital marketing agency with over 100 years of combined experience. We support our clients with services including branding, web design, search engine marketing, social media, and email marketing to achieve your goals.